If you are reading this article, congratulations first of all that you or any of your near one has been blessed with a child. Well, talking of kids, we shouldn’t forget that taking care of infants can be pretty challenging. As cute as they look, they can give you a real hard time. Now, you must be thinking how to handle a baby? What can you do to keep him/her happy all the time? The solution is pretty simple. Keep your baby’s surroundings clean and comfortable. This is when you need a best playard or playpen as it is commonly called. It is generally rectangular in shape, a bit above the floor level and made of mesh.
Best Playard 2018
1. Graco Pack 'n Play Playard Bassinet Changer with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat
Graco Pack and Play Playard comes with a rocking seat and handles so you can carry your baby from one place to another. It also has a rocking seat and you can use them to rock your babies to sleep. The fun part of this product is that you can use it through your babies growing years. As an infant, your baby can rest on the rocking seat, when your baby grows a bit you change it to a bassinet followed by making it a place to rest and play when your baby is a toddler.
- The playard has in built vibration which makes the rocking seat as well as the bassinet move in a pleasant manner
- The playard is washing machine friendly and can be washed very easily
- A lot of space, namely three cubies are present to keep all the essentials of the baby near your vicinity. You can store the diapers, clothes and wipes in there
- The playard doesn’t come with any toy bars to dangle toys on them for your baby
Where to buy?
2. Ingenuity Smart and Simple Deluxe Playard
Two of the remarkable features of this playard is that it is readily washable and very easily portable. You can fold and unfold the playard really fast. The canopy over the head keeps the child undisturbed. While the soothing light show calms the baby down, the soft mesh fabric keeps the baby comfortable and there is enough space for you to keep things organized. While you have your bassinet and your kid in it, you can move it from one place to the other with the help of the attached wheels in the playard. The product is pocket friendly and easy to use.
- The playard can be divided into three pieces for washing purpose
- It can be taken from one place to the other and comes with a travel bag
- Comes with an elevated changing table
- Light show for your baby’s entertainment
- The mattress might need a change
- The set-up guide is a bit difficult to follow as it contains only pictures and less written description
Where to buy?
3. Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
This playard is a three in one inclined sleeper, large padded playard with a cushion and a diaper changer. The special feature of Fisher Price Ultra lite Day and night Play yard is that it is extremely light and can be carried from one place to the other. You just have to fold the playard, put it in the sling bag and you are ready to take it anywhere you go. You can remove the sleeper to make it a playing space for the child.
The portable changing clutch can be used for diaper changing purpose. However, when compared to other playards, this might be not that pocket friendly but using the product is worth it and in case you are planning to have another baby in the near future, this can actually be a good investment.
- The playard is easy to use and assemble
- The playard is easy to wash, comfortable to lean on and comes with extra space for storing wipes
- The playard is a multipurpose product which can be used for sleeping, playing, resting or changing
- Overall it's good play yard
Where to buy?
4. Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet with Automatic Folding Feet - Playard Under $100
Graco Pack and Play Playard bassinet keeps your child comfortable and nice everywhere. It has a fully sized bassinet which is also removable. The playard, unlike many products, has a toy bar with toys dangling from it to entertain your child. The playard can be easily stored or packed. It has automatic folding feet and wheels which make it easy to fold. The strong frame and sturdy structure makes it easy to carry and long lasting. The playard is easy to set up and use. It is long lasting if used with care.
- Easy to fold and simpler to carry
- Sturdy structure really helpful and safe for kids
- Comfortable mattress for your baby to sleep in
- The sheets don’t come with the playard. You need to buy them differently
Where to buy?
5. Evenflo Portable Babysuite Deluxe Playard
Evenflo Portable babysuite Deluxe Playard is known for its large space and convenience as far your baby is concerned. The full size bassinet and rotate to store changer makes the place convenient. The important part is that the floor mat changes to play mat with an attachable toy bar which can be used by your child to play. The playard is easy to fold, carry and clean. The playard is pocket friendly and liked by the customers who have already used it or are using it.
- Easy to fold and easy to take along when you travel
- Comes with a toy bar and a floor mat than turns into a play mat
- Easy to clean and has a plenty of space for storage of your essentials
- Doesn’t come with a canopy
- The changing table doesn’t have a safety belt
Where to buy?
Play Yard Buying Guide
With a baby in your house, all you think about is your baby’s comfort and safety. You actually go around searching for best possible things for your baby so that there are no problems in his growing years and he or she can cherish every moment of their childhood. Along with this thought, there comes a huge responsibility on your part as parents.
You need to be very careful while choosing the accessories or products for your babies as we know that choices and preferences might differ and will be different for different households and their babies. Based on this, you need to make the first important decision. Does your baby need a play yard or not ?
Does your baby need a Playard?
When your baby is still a toddler and has the tendency of roaming around and falling here and there, I think getting a playard is always a great idea. With today’s improvement in technology, playards actually work as a lot of things together. A playard can not only be used as a diaper changing station, but also as a bassinet, a portable crib and a free area for your baby to play or rest.
Now you may argue that the same purpose can be solved by a swing or a crib or you can just have a floor mat and your baby seated on it. Well, let me tell you, a playard provides your child with a lot of free space which is convenient for his or her motion compared to a swing or a crib. A playard is better compared to a floor mat as your baby has that protection around him or her and it is safer that way. Nowadays you also get Playards which have features which will help your child to grow up with it. Yu can use it as a rocking swing, to a bassinet and finally a place where he or she can rest and play safely.
You can use them up to three years of age of your baby. So, if you are planning to have another kid or kids in the future, this is actually a very good investment. At the same time, if you have two babies, who have very little age difference, you can use this for the younger one as we all know, elder siblings often have an urge to play with the younger ones. This can lead to severe accidents at times. A bassinet, a bit above the floor level will prevent your elder champ from pulling off any such stunts on the younger one.
How to choose the perfect playard for your baby?
1. Portability : You need a best playard not just at home but they come handy when you are outside. So, it is very important that your playard is light and portable. This will help you to carry it anywhere you go, be it inside your house or somewhere outdoors.
2. Wheels : Imagine pushing your playard or lifting it every time you move around or want to move it? Hectic, isn’t it? Well, these are the times you wish your playard had wheels. So, always go for the ones with wheels so that you can easily push the playard without even moving your baby from it.
3. Foldability : Make sure you can fold the playard and you get a travel bag so that you can carry it wherever you go. Folding also makes it easy to put in the machine for wash which brings us to our next criteria.
4. Washing the playard : Where there are babies, there will be a lot of mess. Make sure you can easily clean the playard as you will be required to clean it often, probably every day owing to your baby’s good health.
5. Safety : One of the most important lookouts, when you get a playard is whether it is safe. Make sure it is sturdy and strong. There are children who are really naughty and keep jumping in their playards. See that they don’t topple down. Also, when you need to change the diaper, make sure that you have a belt or a harness for your baby’s protection.
6. Storage and other features : Isn’t it better to have more space? Of course, it is. You can see which playards give you more space for storage of diapers, wipes and clothes so that you don’t need to run around the house every time you need something. You can just store them in the playard and use as per your convenience. Extra features like toy bars, canopies are always welcome.
Apart from all this, you also need to take care of the amount you are planning to spend on the playard you want to buy. It depends on the time when you are making the purchase. The sooner you buy the playard, the more number of years your child can use it. So, it is a good idea to spend more if you plan to use it for a longer time period. Again, if you are planning to buy it when your child is almost three years old, it is not wise to spend a lot as your baby will grow enough very soon and the playard would not be needed any more.
Then again, if you plan to have babies in the future, spend as much as you can and get a good one as this will be your one-time investment for all your children and you would want it to remain in good condition and last long. Always, aim for the basic amenities first and then go over to the fancier parts.
These are a few things you should keep in mind when you go to purchase playards for your little ones. You can go through our list of five best playards, compare and then buy accordingly. Always remember, a little bit of market research can be beneficial to you. Let us know what you think about us. You can also give us your suggestions or clear any doubts you have got by leaving a comment below. Happy parenting!