Few of us are lucky enough to give birth to twins. Isn’t it double happiness? Well, no matter how great it is to have twins, you can’t deny that the responsible also gets doubled the moment you need to take care of two children instead of just one. In such cases, double strollers for twins are something you should be looking for as it is impossible for you to carry two of them around.
The most convenient way to carry your children, double strollers can be of two types, either side by side strollers or tandem strollers, which have seats one after the other.
Best Double Strollers 2017
Let us take a look at the 10 Best Double Strollers for twins.
The ZOE Umbrella XL2 Double Stroller, Deluxe is known for its travelling ease and light weight. Particularly designed for big cities, it comes with four panel canopies, comfortable padded seats. The canopies are extendable and pretty long and provide your children all the shade they need.
The stroller has one snack tray, two cup holders for your children and one cup holder for you. The aluminum framework makes it very light and easy to move. The basket has enough space to keep diaper bags and shopping bags. Overall, the features are really attractive and useful for your kids.
- This particular stroller is known for its light weight somewhere around 16 lbs. You can take it anywhere.
- The canopies are long and extendable.
- The seats are padded and work as adjustable recliners.
- The wheels are pretty good and have a life-long guarantee.
- The stroller doesn’t have seats that can be detached and used as car seats.
- It might have a bit of less space for storage compared to heavy duty strollers.
- Not very comfortable for long journeys as seats might be a bit narrow.
The city mini double stroller is a wonderful combination of jogging stroller and standard four-wheel stroller. You can actually use it if you are a working person and need to run errands and handle your kids at the same time. The lightweight makes it portable whereas its easily foldable technology makes it easy to fold, and unfold.
The wheels are of good quality and suspension, apt for long distance travelling. They have protected weather shields and a large under seat storage basket where you can store almost anything. The five-point safety harness with packs on the shoulders and parking brake makes the product absolutely safe for children.
- Comes in handy for people who work.
- The wheels have amazing suspension and parking brakes.
- The basket has a lot of space to keep diaper bags and normal shopping bags as well.
- It has automatic lock system when not used.
- Easy to fold.
- Other accessories and car seat adjuster needs to be bought separately.
- Not all car seat brands friendly.
The Bravo for 2 double stroller is meant for dual riding of kids. Designed as a traditional stroller, it has a padded seat along with five-point harness. The seats are attachable and can be used as car seats as well. It is easy to fold and detach. The unique part is that if you have older children, they have a bonus back seat as well as a platform where he/she can just stand and face the road.
The handle has extra grip and is padded which makes pushing the stroller easy. Full suspension along with front swivels makes the ride very smooth and easy. You have a parent tray and two cup holders, a storage basket which can be reached both from the front and the back making it accessible for parents.
- Small yet important features kept in mind for ease of the users.
- Useful for both infants and elder children.
- Five-point harness and full suspension makes the stroller safe for kids.
- It doesn’t lay completely flat as mentioned in product specifications but goes up to 45 degrees.
- Accessories like rain covers need to be bought separately.
- It is a bit bulky and there can be a bit of trouble to carry everywhere.
Graco Duo Glider Click Connect Stroller is another adventurous tandem stroller for two. You have all the essential features required for a growing family needs. The stroller is light weighted and has a stadium style seating with the rear portion a bit raised to get a better view from behind. The seats are nice and comfortable and a reclining seat along with a food tray, rotating canopy and foot rest. Apart from these, you also have a storage basket along with a tray for the parent.
- The stroller has two car seats.
- The one hand standing fold closes easily so that another hand is free for the kid.
- The canopies and seat recliners are great for the child’s comfort.
- The storage basket is easily accessible and has a lot of space.
- The accessories are sold separately in general.
- The car seats might not be all cars friendly.
The Delta Children LX Side by side tandem umbrella stroller is a stylish and high functioning stroller. The company, known for making cribs, is also very famous for making strollers. The stroller, though made of metal, is light weighted and has sturdy wheels which are known to be shock absorbing. The multi-position recliners, five-point harness and padded seats make it safe and trust worthy when it comes to leaving your children in it.
It comes with cup holders and storage bags along with umbrellas and canopy. It is available in a number of colors from which you can choose. The stroller is easy to fold and portable. The stroller is certified and acclaimed by its users.
- Easy to carry, easily foldable and safe.
- Great wheels and suspension, umbrella and canopy available.
- Lots of space for storage and trays and cup holders provided.
- The parts can be replaced for free and are available online.
- Certified and proven to work well.
- It might be a bit problematic for small kids.
- The wheels are made of plastic and can be problematic for improper roads.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller is perfect for the families who have two kids, they can be twins or one after the other. This kind of stroller has one front seat for a kid to sit and the other behind it, where the other one can sleep, sit or stand. The stroller has two canopies that provide enough shade for two of your babies. You have a tray which you detach when the other child rides along.
The parent organizer has a lot of space where you can keep your keys, cups, phone plus a huge basket which holds almost everything you need for the whole day’s activities for you and your kids. You also get car seats which are attachable but are sold separately. It can hold a kid up to 40 lbs.
The stroller can be changed and adjusted according to the age of your children. The stroller is made of steel and unlike a lot of other products, it doesn’t require any batteries to operate.
- The recliners and the wheels along with the padded seats make it a comfortable journey for your kids.
- It has parking brakes which makes it safe and sound for your children.
- Different features and proper use of space makes the stroller one of its kind.
- The car seat is not all car brands friendly.
- You might have a bit of a problem while folding it.
Easy to travel with, Kolcraft Cloud Side-By-Side stroller comes with all those cool features you have been searching in a stroller. Extendable canopies, cool weather seatbacks, three-point safety system and reclining seats make it a very useful product for all those new parents out there.
The seat pad independently rolls up allowing the air to pass through it. It is easy to fold and can be carried everywhere. There are no batteries required to run the stroller. It has cup holders for parents. If seen overall, the stroller is perfect for a growing family with two children and is a good investment.
- Expandable canopies, padded and automatic reclining seats make the stroller comfortable for your little ones.
- Features like cup holders and baskets make it very handy and easy to use.
- It has a three-point safety system.
- The stroller is not strong enough for attaching a car seat to it.
- It might be small but can’t be taken out of doors in different angles and you need to take care while passing it through any door.
8. Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller - Best Value for money.
The Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller has a stylish frame and big wheels, technically oversized wheels, which makes it easy to move and handle. The stroller fits through any door and has ample space for your children. The wheels are tough enough to bear the weights of two infants and double front wheels bring along stability.
The basket is big enough to keep all the things in it. The seats are individually adjustable and the five-point harness makes it safe. There are two cup holders for parents and zippers to keep phones, wallets and keys. Easy to fold, the stroller gives you all this at a very reasonable price.
- The seats can be reclined and locked in lot of positions.
- The wheels make the stroller stable and safe.
- It is reasonable and pocket friendly.
- There is no car seat adaptor in the stroller.
- Unlike other strollers, the product lacks a snack tray for the child.
Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller comes in handy for parents who need to run errands while handling their two children, which let me tell you, is not an easy task to do. In such a situation, this light weighted stroller is just perfect for your family. The stroller can carry two kids with individual weights up to 50 pounds. It has convenient features which make the babies stay safe and protected.
The rubber tires, foot activated rear brakes make it easy for you to stop the stroller when your hands are not free. The front wheels also have automatic wheels to stop the stroller. The five-point harness keep the children safe and the padded seats keep them comfortable.
You can also attach car seats to it, though you have to buy them separately. The material of the stroller is made up of metal and it doesn’t require any batteries to work.
- The seat reclines in different positions making it comfortable for the children.
- You get locking of the front swivel wheels as well as foot activated rear wheel locks.
- The stroller is easy to fold and can be carried everywhere you go.
- It is a bit difficult to fit the stroller through the single doors.
- You don’t’ have a provision of a snack tray. It can’t be attached in any way.
A product of Delta Children, this stroller is apt for families who love adventure. The stroller has a number of exciting features that makes it stand out from a crowd of other strollers in the market. The European style canopy, reflecting piping and the reclining seat makes it comfortable for your kids and protects them from the heat and rain.
Wheels with front swivel and suspension is absolutely safe for carrying your children. The stroller is light weighted and has a lot of storage options. With each seat holding up to 35 lbs, you can now set off for fun trips along with your young ones.
- Protection elements makes it comfortable and user friendly.
- Easy to fold and carry.
- The wheels can bear your children’s weight along with other accessories.
- The seats don’t recline that much.
- You need to take it slowly through the doors.
- The handles are not adjustable.
Buyer’s Guide for double strollers
As we have already discussed, as soon as you know that you are going to have twins, everything in your life just doubles. Your happiness, excitement, diet and responsibilities. Yes, with two of them, you are going to have a busy time in the first few years. At such times, a twin stroller emerges as your best friend
Why do you need a Double stroller?
Well, let us see why and when do you need a double stroller. It can just be the case that you have twins, in which case taking a double stroller is a must as you have to take two of them out together and because they both will be of the same age, you don’t really have an option. Apart from this, you can also opt for a double stroller when you have two kids who are under three.
Though you might have kids of different ages but because of less difference in age, both of them would need the same amount of attention. Again, you can opt for the strollers which come with twin sharing, one seat and the other can be used as a seat or standing position for your elder kid. At times, may be the elder one already knows how to walk but is not that great at it and as a result you can’t really leave him/her walking beside you when you have the younger one in the stroller.
So, it is better that you seat him in the same stroller or make him stand viewing the road as you carry both of them without any tension. This brings us to the next segment of the type of stroller you should get for your kids.
What kind of double stroller should you opt for?
There are three basic types of strollers you get in the market.
- The side by side stroller - this is the one which has two seats, one beside the other. It is easy to maneuver and gives equal space to both your children. However, with such a stroller, you will have a hard time moving it through doors as it takes lot of space to move
- Tandem strollers - also known as in-line strollers, these have seats one after the other i.e. one in front and the other seat is just behind it. These kinds of strollers require less space to move but the space for both the seats are not equal. However, you can adjust them. The strollers are also a bit difficult to turn.
- Convertible Strollers – convertible strollers are pretty cool as you can use it as a single stroller and attach another seat to make it a double stroller. At times, you can also add a third seat or standing or sitting arrangement for a third one and hence is a fantastic investment for families that want to grow over time.
While buying a stroller, you need to keep in a mind a number of things. First of all, it is always smarter to buy a single stroller which can be converted into a double one later on if you plan to have more than one kid in a short span of three years. However, it can be a bit expensive but is a good investment fi you are sure about your family planning. On the other hand, if you have twins, you have no other option but to buy a double stroller for twins.
Now, side by side strollers and tandem strollers have their own advantages and dis-advantages. You need to decide which one you want to buy. I would advise you to go for the side by side stroller in case you have large double doors in your house as it gives equal space to both your kids. If you have single doors and not a lot of u turns, you can go for the in liners. Convertibles are always great though might be a bit tight on your pockets.
One important thing to keep in mind is how much you are willing to spend. Strollers are no doubt really helpful but they are required for a very short period of time. So, you need to be wise while spending on strollers because buying different accessories such as trays, extra baskets and car seats can be expensive. So, it is really important to decide if you want it.
Once you have decided, always emphasize on the quality of the stroller. Don’t forget that end of the day, it is all about the safety of your kids. Get the one which has sturdy wheels and automatic brakes and make sure they work. See that the seats are comfortable enough for your children and would not be narrow in case your child gains a bit of weight.
Go for the one which has easily accessible baskets. Always take a look at the space of the baskets as they are really important to keep all the belongings and things your children might need. A strong handle, adjustable canopies, food trays and cup holders and other features complete a good quality stroller. At the same time, also make sure that the strollers are certifies and come with replacement options or warranty as far as the spare parts are concerned.
So, these few points will help you buy your new double stroller. So, to all those new parents out there, it is not as difficult as it seems. Just keep your calm and go shopping for your children.
Let us know what you think. You can also contribute to our ideas, clear any doubts you have or give us suggestions if you want regarding the products in general by leaving a comment below. Happy parenting!