Let your baby have a good night sleep.
No matter how carefree, careless and risk taking you are in your life, with the arrival of a baby, things change and these small changes bring a change in you. You will find a great difference between the old you and the present you. When you have a life in your hand, you become extra responsible. You want to take care of the smallest of things to make sure your baby is comfortable and safe.
Most of you must have or are planning to have a crib at home. When you do that, I guess it is better you know which crib mattress to choose. With a number of best crib mattress brands available in the market and buying guide.
Quick Navigation In Content. You Can Jump To
Model / Rating / Price
Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress: 100% Breathable and Washable
28 x 5.5 x 52 inches
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Firmness Crib Mattress
27.5 x 5 x 52 inches
Colgate Eco Classica III Dual Firmness Eco-Friendlier Crib Mattress
51.7 x 27.5 x 6 inches
My First Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Baby Crib Mattress with Plush Removable Waterproof Cover
51.6 x 5 x 27.2 inches
Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress Hypoallergenic Soy Foam, Extra Firm, Durable Waterproof Cover
51.6 x 27.2 x 5 inches
Dream On Me 3" Playard Mattress
38 x 26 x 3 inches
Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress
52.5 x 27.5 x 5.5 inches
Milliard Hypoallergenic Baby Crib Mattress or Toddler Bed Mattress With Waterproof Encasement
52 x 27.5 x 5.5 inches
Dream On Me Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress
51 x 27 x 5 inches
Kolcraft Pure Sleep Therapeutic 150 Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress -150 Extra Firm Coils, Hypoallergenic, Durable Waterproof Cover, Crib Fit Tested
51.6 x 27.2 x 5 inches
Crib Mattress Buying Guide
Congratulations on having a baby first of all. Doesn’t it feel exciting? I know it feels nervous at the same time because you don’t want to go wrong anywhere at all. You want to choose the right mattress for your baby’s complete safety and comfort and we will help you do that. When you come to think of a mattress, the first thing that you should think is if you need a mattress and if yes, when do you need a mattress?
Well, in the initial days you can keep your baby with you but as time passes by, it is pretty difficult to sleep with your child in the same bed. With not much space left, you will always be in a constant tension of dropping your baby off the bed because of less space and more height of your bed. Adult beds are not customized for children.
At the same time, a baby will create a bit of mess. Cleaning up a bed every day is next to impossible. Then again, if you can’t clean the bed every day, it is not a very good idea to make your baby sleep in that same unclean bed. These are the times when you desperately need a different bed for your baby. A crib or a playard can solve the purpose.
A crib can really be very helpful when it comes to your baby’s safety and comfort. Along with the crib, what you need is a baby mattress. A good mattress forms the base of your crib and it is the deciding factor regarding how comfortable your crib is. So, you need to choose your crib mattress very carefully based on what exactly your needs are. Here are a few things you should keep in mind when you go to purchase a crib mattress
when you go for a mattress, remember that it is going to take all responsibility of your baby’s sleep so it better be good. Get mattresses that are of good quality and won’t tear or puncture fast. The ones which are a bit more expensive are usually the mattresses which last longer. Get the ones which are firm and safe.
Check whether it’s strong on the inside:
it is very important to check what material the crib mattress is made of. If the inside materials are not good, it is never going to last long. Better the foam, longer the mattress lasts.
More support for babies:
whenever you go to buy a crib mattress, the common mistake that every parent make is that they choose a mattress which is comfortable for them and not for their kids. A mattress which is comfortable for you is usually softer for your kids. So you should take the ones which are a bit firm because babies need more support compared to adults.
Always go for first-hand mattresses:
you never know what kind of allergy a baby can have. Using an old crib mattress can never be a good idea. Firstly, the material will not be as good as this kind of products seem to deteriorate over time. Moreover, as you know, kids have a tendency of keeping their beds untidy. A used mattress won’t be as clean as the new one and might give your baby diseases as the baby comes in physical contact with the mattress.
A cover is a must:
never use mattresses just like that. You should have a cover on them to avoid any kind of mess or untidiness. Moreover, many covers are waterproof so cleaning the covers are easier than cleaning the mattresses.
Choose according to the crib:
blindly buying any mattress is not a good decision to make. You need the mattress for the crib so while buying make sure that the mattress fits your crib otherwise it is of no use. This is why it is better to shop for a crib and a mattress together. You need to see if the mattress is small or big for the crib. There are mattresses which come in many sizes. It is wiser to go for such companies.
Take care of the safety:
whenever you go to buy a mattress, make sure it has passed all the basic safety standards and the material is not hard. The cover should be gentle on your kid’s skin. Don’t worry about warranty. If you can use it properly, it won’t tear or come off given it is of good quality
Best Crib Mattresses 2017
we bring to you the top ten best crib mattresses which will suit your baby.
1. Newton Crib Mattress: 100% Breathable and Washable. Better than Organic. The safest, cleanest & most comfortable sleep for your baby
Newton Crib Mattress is known for its safety and comfort. As we all want safety first, it takes care of the baby’s health by letting the baby breathe freely. The new and improved design of the mattress allows air to pass freely. You can wash it very easily and dry it fast. The fabric over it is comfortable and soft.
- The mattress has no foam, springs, glue or latex.
- The mattress is recyclable.
- The cover can be unzipped while washing.
- The firm nature of the mattress keeps your baby asleep.
- The mattress has a kind of an unpleasant smell when purchased initially but it is gone after a few days.
2. Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Firmness Crib Mattress
Moonlight Slumber Crib Mattress is one of those pocket-friendly mattresses which is safe and sound for your child. The firm foam and dual side sleeping surface make it comfortable for your baby. It is PVC and Vinyl free. The mattress has a simple shape with square and cornered edges with and acts as a natural internal fire barrier.
- Smooth surface and thick.
- Free from harsh and dangerous chemicals.
- The fire barrier is antimony free.
- Affordable but quality maintained.
- Foam might not last long at times.
3. Colgate Eco Classica III Dual firmness Eco-Friendlier Crib mattress, Organic Cotton Cover
Eco Classica is one of the sought after mattresses of all times. The reason is that the mattress has all the qualities and standards maintained and at the same time is pretty affordable. The 6-inch thickness makes it apt for the growth and development of children. The mattress has a multi-layered thickness and eco-friendly foam. It is proven to be very safe and critically acclaimed for its comfort.
- The brand name is enough for you to trust the product.
- Comfortable and firm for the infant.
- Any chemical composition is avoided.
- It also has a waterproof cover.
- The waterproof cover in the mattress is not removable.
4. My First Premium Memory Foam Hypoallergenic Baby Crib Mattress with Plush Removable Waterproof Cover
The not being able to remove the cover problem can be sorted if you get this mattress. The cover of this mattress is removable. The mattress is anti-microbial, waterproof and mite proof. The mattress maintains all safety standards and comes with a ten years lifespan.
- The mattress comes with an easily washable cover.
- The mattress doesn’t make any sound when the baby moves on it.
- Very comfortable and safe.
- You can roll up the mattress and it is too heavy to travel with.
5. Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress - Hypoallergenic Soy Foam, Extra Firm, Durable Waterproof Cover, Lightweight, Air Quality Certified Foam, 52"x28"
The special feature of this product is that it uses renewable soya beans to create a firm foam for the mattress. The mattress is very comfortable with renewable materials used to build it. You have square corner designs so that it fits the crib and waterproof cover. It has won awards for its comfort and safety features as well.
- Lock stitched binding prevents any fluids from entering the mattress core.
- You can easily wipe clean it, preventing any kind of allergy or rashes.
- Certified products and maintains all standards.
- The mattress might not be that soft. It is firm in nature.
6. Dream On Me 3" Playard Mattress
Dream on me 3’’ Playard mattress is apt if your baby loves his or her activities during the day time. Specially made for active kids, this mattress has four 90-degree corners and perfectly fits Graco Playard and this is the reason why they both are bought together most of the times. The mattress is non-allergenic, antibacterial and waterproof.
- Comfortable and safe.
- Easily washable and can be wiped clean.
- Meets all safety standards.
- You can’t roll the mattress.
7. Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress
Safety first Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress is known for its safe and comfortable features. The core of the mattress is dense and thermo-bonded. This offers a firm support to the baby and at the same time, the baby mattress is lightweight so you can easily handle it and flip it. With this mattress, you won’t have the tension of waking up at night and cleaning it again and again as you can just wipe it off.
- Easy to clean and maneuver.
- Green Guard Certified.
- It meets the federal flammability standards.
- Some of the customers have complained that the mattress tears very fast.
8. Milliard Hypoallergenic Baby Crib Mattress or Toddler Bed Mattress With Waterproof Encasement
This mattress was made keeping in mind the amount of trouble you have sleeping with your baby. You have to be really careful and you cannot turn sides easily. Then again you have the constant fear of cleaning your bed. Milliard Mattress gives you relief from all that. The mattress is anti-allergic and antibacterial. The foam is comfortable and curves into the shape your baby moves while sleeping. All standards are maintained as far as safety and security are concerned.
- Good for asthma and allergy patients.
- Air circulation and weight distribution help in a peaceful sleep.
- It regulates sleep temperature.
- Some customers complain that the cover of the mattress is not waterproof.
9. Dream On Me Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress
Dream on me Spring Crib and Toddler Mattress can be both spring made or foam made. The springs are however evenly distributed and long so they prevent any kind of uncomfortable feeling. They are available in different sizes so you can buy them depending on what crib you have. They have air flow systems, waterproof technology, and comfortable surface.
- Laminated waterproof covers.
- 10 years warranty against manufacturing defects and defective materials.
- Easy to clean and maintains all safety standards.
- The cover is not of that good quality and can tear after a few months.
- Many of the customers have complained that the mattress doesn’t last very long.
10. Kolcraft Pure Sleep Therapeutic 150 Infant/Toddler Crib Mattress -150 Extra Firm Coils, Hypoallergenic, Durable Waterproof Cover, Crib Fit Tested
Made of 150 heavy metal gauged coils, the mattress doesn’t sink throughout your baby’s childhood. The number of coils makes the mattress firm and hypo-allergenic. The mattress has a lock-stitched binding so there is no way of any vent to pop up. The mattress creates a healthy sleeping environment for babies.
- The surface can be cleaned with soap and water.
- Safe and durable.
- 10 years of warranty on manufacture and materials.
- The mattress might be a bit noisy.
Mattresses can be made of spring or foam. Choose the one that suits your baby. Happy parenting!
Let us know what you think. If you have any queries or want to share your reviews, you can do so by leaving a comment below