Say no to feeding your baby cold milk
Cold milk and a crying baby add up to a very unpleasant time for everyone. What if there was a way to stop your baby from crying? In comes baby bottle warmer. These nifty pieces of electronics are a savior for parents.
Giving your baby warm milk when away from home is one of the persistent problems and these do the job of bringing you a solution. On that note, we bring you a list of 10 best bottle warmers that you can select from, for your baby
Bottle warmer buying guide
While buying bottle warmers is not an absolute necessity, but it can prove to be an important asset when you are in a hurry or your baby is extremely hungry and crying his/her eyes out. Taking care of your small ones is no joke and these bottle warmers definitely contribute to saving your time. When it comes to your child, it is better that you don’t compromise and add bottle warmers to the list of baby essentials.
Baby bottle warmers are convenient for new parents as selecting the right temperature for warming baby milk or formula is often the toughest decision they face. That being said, selecting a best baby bottle warmer for you in the present market can be a hassle when you don’t have an idea about the device. Below are the few things that would help you decide on a baby bottle warmer.
What should you look for ?
There are three basic things that you should take notice of when scouring the market for a baby bottle warmer.
1. Safety: this is one of the major and the first thing you should look for in a baby bottle warmer. Find out what kind of technology is being used to heat the milk. Most bottle warmers use steam while others use water baths. Also, you must find out the highest temperature setting that can be done in the device. If the temperature goes as high as 199 Fahrenheit, then this temperature can degrade breast milk.
2. Speed: when your baby is hungry, it would be a matter of time before he/she starts crying and you don't want that. Hence speed in a bottle warmer is essential to quickly heat up baby food. Along with being quick, it should be easier to use and operate, so that you do not need to give much thought about using it when you are in a hurry.
3. Cleaning: the final thing to look out for is how easier it is to clean the device. A more complex device means more nooks and crannies and more accumulation of dirt and gunk and harder to clean and maintain.
Preserving the nutritional value of breast milk
- It is vital that your baby gets all the essential nutrients from the breast milk in order for him/her to grow properly. This nutritional value can be heavily degraded when the milk is overheated. Warming breast milk to temperatures higher than 40 degree Celsius/ 104-degree Fahrenheit can damage the nutrients. A device that warms milk to body temperature that is 98.6 F/ 37 C or less is ideal. Always remember, heating should be lukewarm and not hot.
The different features of bottle warmers
The technical mumbo-jumbo provided by the manufacturers often confuses new parents. Outlined below are some of the key features that you should look for in baby bottle warmers.
1. Water bath and steam bath technologies
Bottle warmers with water baths are slow to heat but provide a constant and thorough heat throughout the bottle and are often recommended. Steam heating often quick solutions but often the high temperatures can cause damage to bottles and degrade milk.
2. The versatility of the bottle warmer
Baby bottles come in many shapes and sizes, especially the neck which can be thin, wide, circular, and angular. The ability of a bottle warmer to incorporate multiple if not all types of bottles are appreciable.
3. Auto shut off features and timers
Buying bottle warmers with auto shut off is recommended as it can automatically turn off the device even when you forget to remove the plug. Some warmers have timers that can be set up or the device can be made to turn off when it reaches a particular temperature.
4. Audible alarms and beeps
Audible beeps and alarms at the end of the process are necessary as you may get side tracked and forget about the bottle. Even after the device gets automatically shut off, the temperature can rise.
5. Water reservoirs
Some of the bottle warmers require an addition of water to the reservoir. But the ones which do not require water refill after every use.
Best Bottle Warmer 2017
And the next we bring you a list of 10 bottle warmers reviews Pros & Cons
10. Dr. Browns Bottle Warmer - Blue
Dr. Brown's Electric Bottle Warmer is a device that has been designed to give moms, dads or any other caregivers a simple and reliable way to warm baby bottles and baby food jars. The warming unit can accommodate Dr. Brown's baby bottles of 2, 4 and 8 oz.
- The water reservoir does not need to be changed after every use.
- Does not take much time to heat up.
- Electronic timer for an easier heating process.
- An audible alarm to notify you when the heating is done.
- Bottles with a wide mouth won’t get fitted in the warmer.
- The water reservoir is difficult to clean as it is narrow.
9. Moderncare quick serve bottle warmer with 2 modes, Portable
The neatly designed modern care quick serve bottle warmer provides a fast and easy way to heat up bottles. It also has a defrost setting that can be used to warm up baby food. The compact size of the product makes it pretty easy to store on bedside tables for night-time feedings.
- Can warm milk and well as heat food.
- An automatic shut-off system when the food gets warm enough.
- Works with most of the narrow, wide angles and disposable bottles.
- Food can be warmed up very fast. Ideal for the times when you are in a hurry.
- The material used in making this product is not very durable.
- It does not have storage for other kinds of bottles.
8. Chicco NaturalFit Digital Baby Bottle Warmer
NaturalFit digital baby bottle warmer from by Chicco preserves the nutrient in food and milk with its extensive heating options. You can use any kind of baby bottle or food jar to warm up breast milk or baby food and preserve the essential nutrients in them in a safe way.
- It can accommodate most type of baby bottles and jars.
- Several programming options that help yo set up a customized warning system.
- An automatic safety shut off.
- Presence of a digital timer.
- Takes a long time to warm up food.
- A bit difficult to clean up the heating plate as there is a buildup of chunks of gunk.
7. Maxx Elite "Gentle Warm" Smart Bottle Warmer & Sterilizer w/ "Steady Warm"
Maxx Elite Smart bottle warmer is equipped with "gentle warm" technology that is a step ahead of old heating techniques. It preserves all the vital nutrients in the breast milk which is vital for your baby. With the steady warm feature, you can keep the milk at a constant temperature for several hours until your baby is ready to be fed.
- Maintains the bottle at a steady temperature after warming.
- Fast warming of milk while preserving the essential nutrients.
- A sterilizing mode to get rid of impurities.
- The cord is a bit long and might be a hassle to deal with.
- No type of audible or single once the heating is done.
6. Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer and Cooler
Born free tru-temp bottle warmer and cooler provides an overall complete system that is able to warm anything.it has ample storage space to keep up to two bottles. The cooler can keep the bottles cool for almost 8 hours before you warm them. The heating process is very fast and efficient.
- There is ample storage space for parents with more than one child.
- The device is compact and only takes up little space.
- Easily controllable settings with just a push of a button.
- It is quite expensive.
- The device is bulky and weighs a bit.
- Some of the parts are unnecessary and the reservoir has many nooks and crannies that make it hard to clean.
5. Baby Brezza Safe & Smart, Electric Baby Bottle Warmer and Baby Food Warmer – Universal Fit - Glass, Plastic, Small, Large, Newborn Feeding Bottles - Wireless Bluetooth Control - Digital Display
Baby Brezza baby bottle warmer is a compact and tiny device that can be set up anywhere and proves to be quite easy for feeding babies. The steady warm mode carefully warms breast milk back to body temperature, which is useful in preserving essential nutrients. The quick mode allows milk to warm up faster with the help of steam.
- The small size of the device makes it efficient.
- A quick bottle warming process.
- Storage area for bottle nipples.
- Smart system, that lets you know when milk is ready.
- No storage space provided for bottles.
- Less powerful compared to other devices.
4. Nuby One-Touch 2-in-1 Electric Baby Bottle Warmer & Sterilizer
The intelligent 2 in 1 design of Nuby one touch evenly and safely warm formula, baby food, and breast milk. It can also be used as a quick go to option to sterilize baby bottles and pacifiers. The bottles are sterilized in a matter of minutes. Warm up baby food at just a single touch efficiently and quickly.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Small size and fits in your kitchen perfectly.
- Presence of both warmer and sterilizer.
- Indication with orange light when heating is done.
- Milk is not held at a constant temperature and instead shuts off when heating is done.
- Will have to wait additional time to let the bottle cool off.
3. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Bottle & Food Warmer
Tommee Tippee’s Closer to Nature electric bottle and food warmer, warms food quickly and safely in approximately 4 minutes. It is very helpful since the display and temperature dial is simple and easy to use. Slide a bottle in it any time your baby is hungry and get warmed milk.
- Warms milk bottles very quickly.
- Using the display causes you no trouble.
- Small size that fits perfectly in your nursery.
- No storage space provided for bottles.
- No timer present, thus overheating bottles is possible.
- Does not turn off automatically. Might not be suitable to use when you are in a hurry.
2. Dr. Brown's Bottle Warmer
Dr. Brown’s bottle warmers can be used when you need something quick and simple to store and warm your baby bottles. The device has a small handle that makes it easier to use and carry around. The design resembles of that of a pitcher, and you would need to plunge the bottles in the reservoir to warm them. An audible alarm system goes off when the milk is ready.
- The device is durable and will not break easily.
- The bottle gets warmed up in few minutes.
- Comes with a handle, contributing to its portability.
- Not all types of bottles can be fit inside.
1. The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer is extremely fast at warming milk so that you don't need to keep your baby waiting. It is a very versatile product that can warm all sizes of baby bottles and baby food jars. The technology used is through steam heat which provides consistent and thorough heating.
- Small and compact size that fits in a room.
- Several bottles can be warmed with this device.
- Auto shut-off feature present.
- Quick and very easy to use.
- Might be a bit difficult to get the timing and water ratio right fir the perfect temperature.
- No storage space for other bottles.
We hope that the addition of best bottle warmer can help solve your baby feeding problems. You can share your experiences and reviews by commenting and letting us know.