Blessed are those who have kids and watching your kid grow up slowly in front of your eyes is one of best feelings any parent can ever have. The first two years being the most adorable years of your child's life, you need to take care of a lot of things. You child will need a number of activities for an overall growth. Baby jumpers are very helpful for a growing up kid. Not only does it help your child to build up his motoring skills, but also helps him/her spend time doing many numbers of activities.
Best Baby Jumper 2018
Here are the top 10 baby jumpers you will find in the market right now.
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is one very sort after baby jumper. It doesn’t occupy a lot of space and it is easier for your baby to move around. Designed with music, lights and other activities, it is portable and easy to store. The height of the jumper is adjustable and it has a 360-degree swivel chair.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is easy to move and is attractive for the children.
- Height changing feature allows you to use it for a long time.
- Bounces more than other products.
- It might be problematic for kids with more weight as they might get stuck and thinner kids as they might have to add a pillow.
2. Baby Einstein Activity Jumper Special Edition
A special edition jumper, Baby Einstein Activity Jumper has all those features which will make your child happy and keep him/her occupied throughout the day. It has a secured support seat with five height setting facilities.
It has fun activities like piano, sound, and light, language learning activities including English, Spanish, and French. The seat rotates 360 degrees making your baby comfortable with all his/her toys and activities.
- It has language learning activities.
- You can adjust the height in five ways.
- You child can learn music, melodies and get access to all the places and toys.
- It It takes up a good amount of space and can’t be folded.
3. Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
Known for its sturdy features, Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo has music, lights, and sounds. The seat spins 360 degrees giving your child access to all the toys around him/her. You get them in either polyester, plastic or metal features. The jumper is pretty safe and has a strong steel frame which protects the baby from any kind of injury. Soft springs protect the little fingers and the seat is padded.
- It is strong and sturdy as a result of which it is safe for kids.
- The seat can be rotated fully so the baby has more amount of access.
- It comes in different materials according to your preferences.
- Overall this jumper is good
4. Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Jumper
This offers the parents a safe environment where you can just leave your kids to have fun and do your own work in one corner. The kid can rock, spin, jump and do a lot of other activities that would strengthen their muscles. It is removable, washable and the seat is really comfortable for the child. It has a total of 58 fun activities that keeps your child occupied.
- It is safe for kids.
- Many activities increase the physical and mental strength of the kids.
- The seat is washable and can be replaced very easily.
- It might not be fun for very young kids and it doesn’t lock automatically.
5. Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Peek-a-Boo Activity Jumper
The Minnie Mouse Peek-a-Boo Activity Jumper has 12 different toys and arrangements that keep your child engaged with his/her jumper. Generally preferred by girls, it will make your child jump around the house all day long. The seat moves in all ways so your girl can reach all her toys and the height can be adjusted so that when she grows up, you can make it taller.
- The automated toy station amuses your girl.
- There are loops that let you keep more toys.
- The seat is washable and you have a toy tray.
- The product is a bit over-priced.
6. Baby Einstein Neptune's Ocean Discovery Jumper
Specially designed for the future Einstein of your house, baby Einstein Neptune Jumper has a variety of activities in a compact design which can be adjusted as your baby grows. It has an ocean theme and a turtle electronic play station. It also has link loops that help you attach other toys to the jumper.
- Your baby can learn numbers, three languages, and colors.
- There are four adjustable heights.
- It spins 360 degrees so the baby can spin around.
- It is not foldable and requires 3 AA batteries.
Best doorway baby jumper
1. Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper, Little Jungle - Best doorway baby jumper
Graco Doorway Bumper jumper is an easy to use, fun jumper which makes your kid have fun at home. It has a washable seat and hidden safety cord. It doesn’t leave any mark on your doorway and can easily pass. The jumper is easy to attach and gives your child a jungle safari feeling.
- The jumper is easy to attach.
- The jumper has a build in toy tray with fun toys.
- The height is adjustable.
- It can hold up to 25 lbs.
2. Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper
Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper is a doorway jumper for kids. It not only helps your kid to improve his/her muscles but also keeps your kid entertained throughout the day. The jumper doesn’t take up excessive space and is convenient for even small houses and apartments. It is easy to clean and portable.
- The spring is fully enclosed as a result of which your kid can pull off stunts like meddling with the spring.
- It is easy to clean and portable so you can take it out on the road.
- The bouncing sound the jumper makes might be too loud at times.
3. Jolly Jumper on a Stand for Rockers
Jolly Jumper on a stand is very useful for kids who haven't learn to walk yet. It is a jumper on the stand so the child can use it in the pre-walking stage. It helps in strengthening his/her muscles and coordination.
- Kids can use even when they are learning to walk.
- It is easily portable.
- It teaches the kid rhythm and develops a proper body posture.
- There might be some problem with the height adjustment.
4. Graco Bumper Jumper, Stratus
Graco Bumper Jumper keeps your kid occupied for the whole afternoon. The jumper is easy to transport with a nylon seat pad which is easily attachable and removable whenever needed. It has a play tray which gives the baby an option to keep all his/ her toys in it.
- No mark doorframe clamp.
- The seat pad is easy to clean.
- Height can be easily adjusted.
- It hangs on the molding which makes it portable. However, without the molding people are not too sure.
Buyer’s Guide for Baby Jumpers
The first five year of a kid's life is very important for his/her overall development. Activities like jumping, playing, running and stretching will make your kid stronger. It will not only enhance their physical abilities, but also enhance their sound, rhythm, and skills in other activities. However, for infants who are really young, you can't expect them to jump and run without falling down or hurting themselves.
Baby jumpers come really handy in such cases. It keeps your baby safe and prevents him/her from falling down or getting hurt and becomes a part of their regular activity. You will often see children don't want to leave their parents.
They are too scared to walk on their own and feel a bit left out. With an attractive baby jumper, your kid will no longer be frightened to take his fist steps as jumping will be fun. You can see your child jumping throughout the day. Activities in the jumper will keep him/ her entertained.
To buy a jumper, you need to do a bit of research. Best would be to consult with parents who have used it earlier and then compare kids who have used a jumper with kids who haven’t used a jumper in their childhood. As far as our research is concerned, we have noticed a huge difference between children who have used jumpers and children who haven’t. It is often noticed that children sit in walkers all day and don’t prefer to do any exercises. So when it is time for them to walk, they try to avoid it.
This delays the whole walking procedure and harms your baby’s growth. Walkers may often be really harmful for children. Walkers with wheels meet with a lot of accidents including falling, burning drowning and so on. So isn’t it better that the kid walks and jumps on his/her own feet to avoid any kind of fatal injuries?
Child specialists, however, think that it is not good to use any kind of gadget for your child's development. At the same time, they also think that it can be used for a short period of time. So, it is advisable to let your baby use the jumper for not more than 30 minutes every day which I don't think will be a problem as the other times, he/she can spend playing with all the toys in the jumper.
There are certain basic things you need to keep in mind while buying a baby jumper.
- First of all always go for a good brand and take care of the quality of the product. It is about your kid’s safety so don’t compromise in that.
- Next, always remember the space you can allow your child to use. It is no use buying a jumper that your baby can’t use in a smaller space.
- Make sure the jumper can be easily set up and moved from one place to another as in that case you can carry the jumper wherever you go. You can choose the designs depending on your preferences.
- Always go for jumpers which have more amount of features as that will be more beneficial for your child. For example, you can choose bright colors. This will make your baby really like the product.
The jumpers which come with language learning features are very good for your child. As you know, a child learns a maximum number of languages from the age of 1 to 6 years. So this will improve his/her speaking skills. Different types of toys will keep him busy all day. It is great if you can spend time with your child but most of us are working parents and we cannot afford to do that. So, getting him/her a jumper might just give you some time to finish your work while your child enjoys the company of his/her toys.
You can also get different jumpers with varied themes. This way your child can increase his/her knowledge on those particular topics, be that ocean, solar system, trees or cartoons, science or stars, cars or galaxies.
It is advisable to not spend a lot on jumpers as they can be used only for a short period of time. However, if you plan to have a younger one in the near future, this one-time investment might be worth it.
Everything done in proportion is good. For overall development of your child, you have to make sure he /she balances all the activities they indulge themselves in. using a baby jumper always is not advisable. At the same time, sitting on a walker and doing nothing all day can never be the right option. An equal amount of activities and rest will help in the balanced growth of your child. Keeping all this in mind you need to decide if you want a jumper for your little one.
You can let us know what you think or give suggestions or clear doubts by leaving a comment below. Happy parenting!