“Aww they had a baby!” is something all of us have heard when we became parents for the first time. Well, yes, it is an amazing feeling to have kids, but at the same time, as they say, your life changes completely. You can’t leave your new-born alone. You have to carry him/her around and no matter how tired you are, you can’t say the word “no”. So, better get a baby carrier so that your work is made simpler. You don’t need to carry the baby in your arms, you can just wear the baby carrier and put him or her in it. Today, let us guide you to know best baby carrier in the marker and how to choose best one according to your comfort and preferences.
Best Baby Carrier 2018
We bring to you a list of best baby carriers with their reviews, pros and cons
1. lillebaby All Seasons Stone 6 in 1 Baby Carrier
The LILE Baby carrier has a number of features which makes it better than the other carriers in the market. It was even rated best carrier in the market.
The Scandinavian style and comprehensive featured carrier can be apt for new parents around. It has a zipper which can be used to zip up the back cover and zip down to provide insulation during the cold and light breeze during warm weathers.
It can be adjusted to six positions and has a two-way strap. You also get features like hoody, extra tall torso, a number of pockets and widely padded shoulder straps, insert points for babies and waist belt for your comfort.
- You can carry your baby from his or her very childhood to a comparatively higher age.
- You can carry your baby in front as well as in the back.
- Sturdy waist belts and straps.
- The fabric might not be that soft for the baby’s skin.
2. Ergo baby 360 All Carry Positions Award-Winning Ergonomic Baby Carrier
As the name suggests, this product is an award winning product and for the right reasons. Ergo baby 360 all carry positions baby carrier is the perfect baby carrier you have been searching for. Comfortable to use, easy to wash, this baby carrier can be used in different positions. You can feed your baby easily when he or she is in the carrier.
The carrier is comfortable with extra padded straps and a lower support, especially beyond the c- section. The waistband of the baby carrier is pretty wide making it so easy to carry your baby.
Ergo baby 360 all carry positions can, however, be used for kids between 7 to 12 pounds. The insert makes some babies feel sweaty during the summer season. This is the reason why the carrier has been designed with three new positions which don’t require an infant insert and is a better fit for kids with shorter torsos.
- Baby can be seated in any position.
- Four wearing positions.
- Comfortable for parents as well.
- The hood is a bit smaller compared to hoods in other products.
3. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier is one of its kinds. Very comfortable, positions of the carrier can be changed completely. You can adjust the seat size and make it either narrow or broad according to your baby’s age and size.
You also get a wonder cover bib along with it that prevents your carrier to get dirty. The baby carrier can be used in different positions and has a wide waist strap to carry your baby with convenience.
The carrier is generally suitable for babies between 8 to 32 pounds. The baby carrier is machine washable and can be cleaned very easily without ruining the fabric of the carrier. Overall speaking, Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 convertible carrier is good for parents who want to use the carrier even after the child starts growing up.
Infantino Flip Video
- You can change the positions of the carrier.
- It is unisex and can be used for both boys and girls.
- Arm straps are not that comfortable.
- The carrier doesn’t come with a sun protector over the head.
4. MixMart Soft Baby Carrier Mother's Day Gift 3-in-1 Ergonomic for Men Women with Clever Bib Airflow 3D Breathable Mesh
Mix Mart Soft baby Carrier is made of all those materials which are safe and comfortable for your baby’s delicate skin. The padded head support for small babies, supportive belt that enables the carrier to be held properly with waist support, extra padded shoulder strap, wide seat area and detachable hood helps you work with ease and makes the child comfortable.
The carrier is suitable for kids between ages of three to sixteen months. The carrier has three ergonomic positions for the baby which helps in hip and back development in the child. The weight is properly distributed in the carrier and the fabric is soft, made of polyester and organic cotton, with 3D mesh and proper air circulation inside it. The carrier comes with a bib to protect the carrier and clothes. The carrier is machine washable.
- Hood protects the child from heat and wind.
- The seat area id wide, especially near the legs.
- Not very popular among the customers.
5. Mother Nest Baby Carrier 3 Carrying Positions for Infants and Toddlers 3.6-15kg(8-33lbs) -Soft Cool Air Mesh-Best Baby Shower Gift!
Mother Nest Baby carrier can be a great gift for baby shower ceremonies. The carrier offers three positions along with great material which lets the baby stay cool and breather without any difficulty. Reflective strips around the carrier give your child a better vision to see everything around him or her. It also provides support as the straps are not slippery and don’t come off that easily. The baby carrier can be used facing the chest but not the front side.
The carrier is nicely padded and has small straps to connect the two shoulder straps making it comfortable for both the parent and the child. It has a removable hood, many pockets and a wide waist-band. The carrier is pocket-friendly and easily available online. The carrier also comes with drool pads which are really useful for our little ones.
- Helps in spine and muscle development.
- Easy to use and store.
- Number of pockets and zippers in the carrier as well as the waist to store things.
- Water-resistant and easy to clean.
- Recommend for daddy
- Not comfortable for women with slightly bigger breast size.
- The carrier doesn’t come with the option of changing a number of positions.
6. Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier
Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier is one carrier you should look out for if you have the need to adjust the height of the carrier again and again as it can be adjusted very easily. Special features like hoods and extra compartments to store pacifiers and blankets makes the carrier very attractive.
Parents can carry it comfortably and it doesn’t hurt your shoulders or hips. The shoulder straps are highly padded with a well-sized hood which is removable when not needed. However, it cannot be used by kids who are really young and your kid needs to reach a certain weight in order to use it. The baby carrier comes in different colors and prints and look really attractive on mother and fathers who carry it.
- Extra compartments for storage of other things.
- Keep emphasis towards ergonomics.
- Can be used as a front or back carrier.
- It gets dirty very quickly. Moreover, some mothers have complained that it causes back pain after a long day’s use and could have had a better circulation.
- The carrier cannot be used for very small babies and you need to wait for the right age to use it.
7. Ergonomic Baby Carrier 6 in 1 for Men and Women by Baby Dush - Best Baby Carrier For Daddy
Baby Carrier six in one by Baby Dush comes with a complete package of best carrier features. The material is 100 percent cotton along with a 3D mesh and comfortable material. You can carry your baby in six different positions both at the front and in the back. The size of the carrier can be changed according to the age of your toddler.
The carrier is made of hundred percent organic cotton and high quality 3D mesh and is pretty breathable and cool for your child. The carrier comes in different designs and flexibility. There are 100% cashback policies on the product in case you don’t like it.
- Easy to use and many features available.
- Saves you money as you don’t need to buy a new one when the baby grows in size. You can just adjust the size of the carrier.
- Recommend for daddy
- You might have a bit of problem with the belts.
8. BABYBJORN Baby Carrier One
Babybjorn is a very popular product among the users of carriers. The popularity is because of its classic look and easy to use features. Extremely comfortable and safe, it has a streamlined design that makes sense. You can easily put it on and off your kid and the carrier also keeps your child extremely safe and secure.
Babybjorn designs have been developed to be a more versatile and comfortable carrier than before. However, there is no new born insert. It is also a bit problematic to wear it all day as some customers have complained that the circulation and weight distribution is not that good as other carriers and might result in shoulder pain.
The carrier doesn’t come with a hood. Overall it is a simple, stylish and well-built baby carrier which is completely reliable.
- Easy to use and adjustable. Simple and smart looking carrier.
- Safe and comfortable for the child.
- The distribution of weight and pressure is poor.
9. Boba Baby Wrap - Best Baby Wrap to buy
Boba Baby wrap is more of a traditional kind of baby wrap. Free from any kind of straps or belts, it is like a wrap which keeps your baby really close to you and at the same time you can go out working, shopping or running other errands while your child is with you. The wrap is easy to use, and really comfortable and safe for the child and it is also easy to clean. The material of the baby wrap is mostly cotton along with a bit of spandex.
The carrier generally doesn’t create any problem when you move given that you wear it properly. The wrap is machine washable and the material is soft and stretchy. Mothers find it easier to breastfeed their kids in such a wrap.
- It is perfect for the baby’s comfort and sleep.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- The wrap can get really uncomfortable with heat.
- Might not be very useful if not put on in the right way.
10. Baby K'tan ORIGINAL Baby Carrier
This baby wrap is like a carrier. Though a wrap, it doesn’t give you that clumsy feeling. Extra stylish, it has curves and keeps your baby close to you and at the same time, doesn’t suffocate him or her. The baby can be carried in front or at the back. You just need to slip in your baby on the two attached loops of fabric and take care of the adjustment procedures.
The rest that is left is a peaceful sleep for your baby and a comfortable ambiance for you. you also have additional fabric that goes around you and your baby to keep both of you safe. The fabric is comfortable and keeps your child dry, keeps away sweat and protects your baby from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
The carrier however stretches out if used by anyone else so make sure only you use it for your own baby. You should also know how to use the carrier properly.
- Easy to put on and put off.
- The fabric is soft and keeps the baby comfortable.
- There might be breathing issues and it is not easy to clean.
- You need to learn how to use the product very carefully or else it won’t be beneficial for you.
Baby Carrier Buying Guide
Being a parent in today’s date is not an easy task to do. To pull off your job, errands and to look after your child at the same time takes a lot of effort and energy. Amidst all this, trust me it is impossible to carry your little one in your arms all the time. So, give your hands a break and go for a baby carrier which will become your best friend during the initial years of your baby.
Reasons you need a baby carrier
A baby carrier helps you to carry your baby around without any problem or tiredness. Say you have gone to a party or you have gone out shopping. It is very important for you to keep your hands free so that you can carry your shopping bags or go for a glass of wine. A baby carrier ensures your child’s safety while he or she is still with you.
It can be really important for breastfeeding of the children. The baby will not nag often because unlike other products like a walker or a stroller, a baby carrier keeps the baby near to his or her parent making the baby safe and sound.
A carrier also helps the baby to take a look around and he or she can enjoy all the sights as you take your baby for an outing in the carrier. It will brighten your child’s mood and keep your child happy.
Types of baby carriers you can opt for
Whenever you go shopping for your child, always remember that there is no such thing as the right baby carrier. It will always be different for different people according to their needs, tastes and preferences, budget and convenience. There can be different types of baby carriers.
1. Ring Sling - as the name suggests, two rings are used to make a sling. It is one shouldered and useful for breastfeeding of your kids.
2. Pouch Slings - these carriers have a seat for the baby to sit in it. These are useful for short trips to shops and grocery stores.
3. Wraps - it is free from any belts or straps and works as a traditional wrap around which ties the baby to the mother in the most convenient way. You need to know how to use it though, failing which you won’t be able to utilize it.
4. Mei Tai Carriers - this rectangular carrier has four straps and makes carrying the child fun. You can carry the kid on the front or at the back like your own little bag pack.
5. Buckle Carriers - the fabric is attached with the help of buckles or clips. This kind of carriers are hardy and can be used by parents who want to indulge themselves in activities like hiking along with their kids.
Things you need to keep in mind while getting a baby carrier
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while carrier shopping.
- Variations in geatures
- Easy to use
- Safety of the carrier
You need to make sure of the ergonomics of the baby carrier to ensure proper hip and back development.
Get the kind of carrier which will not have pressure on the baby’s posture and would reduce pressure on spine and hips. Never go for carriers where the baby’s legs will be dangling downwards. Best position for a newborn would be the fetal tuck position and for toddlers and bigger kids would be the frog leg position.
Well, when you are spending money on a baby carrier, why go for one with few features? You should always opt for the carriers with different features.
The most important of them all is the positions of the carriers. See that you can take the baby in as many positions as you can in the carrier. This will also help as you toddler will slowly grow up and the requirements will change. Best baby carriers have these kind of versatility in them.
No one appreciates complex products as it will take you so much time to decipher what to do with the carrier and then another hour in applying it. Always go for carriers which are easy to use. The ones that can be put o and put off fast come in handy. At the same time, remember that kids can be messy. So get a carrier that can be cleaned easily and is machine washable
This is rather an important point to be taken care of. You have to take care of the fact that the carrier is safe for your child because that is the primary concern we all have as parents. When you buy the product, make sure the straps are strong enough to hold your baby safely and cross check to see if they stay.
For example you have to see if the buckles and zippers attach and come off easily. All things including the fasteners, zippers, Velcro, adjustment straps need to be taken care of. The fabric of the carrier should suit your child’s skin to avoid aby kind of discomfort or allergies.
There are many carriers in the market that sue low quality material. So make sure you go for the best ones. You also need to see to the head and necks support especially if you are shopping for new born babies.
A baby carrier, unlike baby strollers or walkers, is an important and necessary commodity. You can do without other things, but a carrier truly helps you with your child. At the same time, it can be a good investment as you can use the carrier for a longer time. If you go for the ones which are of good quality and last long, the carriers can be used by your near ones who have a baby in the future and if in case, you are planning for another baby in the future, then you should definitely go for one.
These are a few things that will help you choose a best baby carrier for your baby. Let us know what you think. If you want to know something regarding baby carriers or have any suggestions, please let us know by leaving a comment below.