Best for co-sleeping with your baby
Babies are the most beautiful creatures you will ever come across. Bringing up a baby is so much fun! But let me tell you it will be not at all easy. Babies cannot speak till a long time so it is really difficult to understand what they want. Even when they sleep, you stay in a constant tension regarding if something is going wrong in the next room, did he or she just fall down? Is my baby crying? Should I go and check once? These are the things that keep going on in your mind. Get rid of all this. Get hold of a Bassinet. A Bassinet is smaller than a crib and keeps your baby near you while you both sleep.
We bring to you a list of best baby bassinets with their comparison, pros and cons
Baby bassinets comparison table
Model / Rating / Price
HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet
Max 30 Pounds
Phthalate Free, Lead Free
Arm's Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper
Max 23 Pounds
Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
Max 30 Pounds
Chicco LullaGo Deluxe Bassinet
For infants up to 20 Pounds
Summer Infant Soothe & Sleep Bassinet with Motion
Max 15 Pounds
Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
Max 15 Pounds
Simmons Kids Beautyrest Studio Gliding Bassinet
Max 15 Pounds
Delta Children Gliding Bassinet
Max 15 Pounds
Dream on Me Lacy Portable 2-in-1 Bassinet
Max 10 Pounds
Big Oshi Newborn Dual Canopy Indoor & Outdoor Travel Bassinet
for newborns up to 18 Pounds
Baby Bassinet Buying Guide
When you talk about your baby’s sleep, you want a cent percent guarantee that your kid will sleep safely and comfortably. This is often not possible when you and your baby are in different rooms. You constantly worry about your child and an improper crib might lead to real accidents especially when your baby is not old enough to speak. This is the time when you need a bassinet. A bassinet helps you to keep a watch on your baby while he or she sleeps.
Let us take a look at when exactly do you need to buy a bassinet.
Why do you need a bassinet ?
- Great for sleeping together - you can sleep with your baby in the same room. Bassinets are pretty small and adjustable in a room with less space. You can place your bassinet near you while you sleep. This will prevent your baby from being away from your sight as well as give you your space in your bed.
- Late night feeding and diaper changing not a trouble any more - with a crib in the other room, you need to go to that room again and again to check on your baby, change the diapers and feed your child at night. With a bassinet, you can just pull it closer to you at night, do all the work and pat your baby to sleep easily. The bassinets also come with changer so it is really easy for you.
- They are small and portable - you can carry bassinets from one place to another. They are light and portable. You can take it along with you outdoors or indoors from one room to another. Unlike cribs, they are portable.
- Affordable - bassinets are generally not that expensive. You can buy them at a cheaper rate and hence it’s a good investment. It is even better if you plan to have babies in the future.
Now that you know the reasons why you need a bassinet, let us move over to the things you need to keep in mind while buying a bassinet.
Things you need to sort before you buy a bassinet
A number of safety and comfort factors are necessary every time you go shopping for your little one. These are a few of those things.
- Safety first: don’t go for any bassinet that just looks good. Trust me, you can get many of them that look attractive but the basic thing is safety. You need to see if it maintains all standards and meets all requirements. This might involve basic certification by the certifying bodies of the nation.
- Nothing second hand please? Don’t buy anything second hand when it comes to your baby. You can always borrow it from any reliable resource but I would still suggest you to go for a new one as your baby will be safer in an unused bassinet.
- Check the quality of the baby mattress: always go for a thin and firm mattress. Your baby is going to spend many hours sleeping on it so make sure that they are breathable and easily fit the bassinet.
- Mesh walls: great mesh walls are those that let your baby breathe when he or she sleeps. Take care of the mesh wall when you purchase a bassinet.
- Size: it again depends on the type of house you have. Don’t buy a very big bassinet if you have a small room. Choose according to your needs and situation.
- Portability: always buy bassinets that you can move very easily. This will give you the option of carrying it along with you when you travel or move it from one room to another when you are home. Make sure the wheels are sturdy and lock.
- Other features: other features like adjustability of height so that you can change the height of the bassinet according to the height of your bed, the removable or adjustable canopy so that your baby sleeps well, basket to keep your baby’s essentials and music or vibrations that will keep your baby entertained are a bonus. There are bassinets that come with hanging toys. They can be great for your child
This brings us to the next section where we discuss briefly the kind of features you get in different baby bassinets.
Features of baby bassinet
- The rocking bassinets - well as the name suggests, you do get bassinets which have a rocking motion and this helps your baby to sleep faster than usual.
- Sounds - many baby bassinets have soft music that can be played while you want to pat your little one to sleep. Some have the inbuilt sounds of a womb so that the baby feels like he or she is inside the mother’s womb and falls asleep faster.
- Lights - colorful lights can keep your baby distracted and entertained.
- Hanging toys - toys which keep rotating over your baby’s head while your baby just lies down and keeps enjoying the view can be a great thing.
- Canopy - to provide shade and comfort to your baby.
- Storing basket - large baskets which come along with the bassinets help you to store your baby’s essentials. You can get whatever you need without running around the house.
Best Baby Bassinets 2017
So, these are a few things you can suggest to while buying a best baby bassinet. Let us know what you think. If you want to suggest anything or clear any doubts, you can do that by leaving a comment below.