You or someone you know are pregnant or have a baby, this is such an exciting time! There is so much to learn, so many products to choose from, it can get a little confusing! I know I have been there! I have personally taken friends' advice, tried different products and from this I have started my little Baby Boutique of products that have truly saved my life.
I have made the expensive mistake of getting a Baby Carrier that did not work well for me, it hurt my back, my Baby fussed a lot in it, this is what lead me to making baby wraps, and when I found Bamboo Fabric I fell in LOVE! (Read about the benefits of Bamboo HERE)
Benefits of Baby Wearing:
1. Hands free! You CAN get things done and hold your baby at the same time. Grocery shopping with a toddler and a baby, is so much easier! TIP: Wrap your SugarSweetBaby Wrap before leaving for your destination. This way it is easy to place your baby in your wrap when you are out and about. This eliminates tying your wrap in a parking lot, etc.
2. Happy Baby = Happy Parents! Babies that are worn are happier. Their needs are being met, physically and emotionally. Your baby can feel, smell and hear you, making them calm and happy!
3. Milk Production The physical closeness between you and your baby when a baby is being worn (especially the case in the Kangaroo hold, skin on skin) helps in your milk production.
4. Convenience There is no HEAVY infant car seat to lug around or a huge stroller.
5. Sleep Better Babies that are worn sleep better and for longer periods of time. I know from personal experience my daughter maybe naps for a half hour, in my wrap she will sleep for an hour and a half. Do you know how much I can do in an hour and a half??
6. Helps with a Gassy Baby Gassy babies should and like to be held upright (see newborn carry). This helps with digestion and reflux babies as well.
7. Prevents/Helps Colicly Babies As stated above, babies physical and emotional needs are being met. Baby wearing, rhythmic motions, and soothing sounds are all ways to calm a baby that has colic.
Why choose a Wrap From SugarSweetBaby:
1. The weight distribution can not be matched! Make sure the fabric is spread on your shoulders to make the wrap effective. Using a two-shoulder carry such as the Basic Front Carry is a great carry for a person with a bad back.
2. The wrap simulates the womb. Newborns and babies love to be held, the saying goes 9 months in, 9 months out, meaning you will carry your baby everywhere for at least 9 months, or whatever their walking age is (my first child was 13 months)
3. There are many ways of using a wrap. Basic front hold, newborn hold, hip carry, cradle carry, back carry to name a few.
4. Easily stashed in a bag.
5. Discrete nursing
6. The fabrics are top of the line and totally in style :-)
7. Everything on the site is made by a Work At Home Mom, with love. Made in the USA!